We've Reopened! Please review the changes we're making to protect you, our staff, and our community.
Your Health and Safety Are Our Top Priorities
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with what’s changing, and if you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to call us: 319-377-6504.
Here’s What You Can Expect
- If you have a fever or other symptoms of illness, we’ll ask you to delay your appointment.
- Please don’t bring anyone with you to the appointment. Guests will be asked to wait outside the office (exceptions will be made for dependents).
- When you arrive for your appointment, please wait in your car and call us to check-in. We’ll let you know when we’re ready for you.
- Please wear a mask or face covering when you arrive at our office, and don’t remove it until you are seated in the dental chair.
- We’ll check your temperature upon arrival, and ask you to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
- Patient forms and payments can be completed online to limit contact.
- We’re altering our schedule to reduce the number of patients in the office at once. This will help us social distance and maintain infection control.
- Please keep this in mind when scheduling or rescheduling.
- Our hours of operation remain the same.
- All staff will be screened and have their temperature taken daily.
- Office staff will wear a mask at all times.
- Clinical staff will wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
- After every patient, we’ll thoroughly disinfect the exam room, door handles, surfaces, etc.
- We’re adding more frequent disinfecting cycles.
- We’ve upgraded our air filtration systems. We’ve added enhanced operatory disinfection procedures before and after all appointments with mist or fogging devices to access hard to reach places that can be easily missed.
- All staff will be trained and continually updated on office protocols.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, and so forth since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
Pandemic Response Fee
Our main priority is to keep you and our community safe. Dr. Joyner has been working hard at implementing protective measures as guided by the ADA and CDC to provide the safest procedures and environment to keep you and our patients safe.
Due to the increase in supplies and time needed to see our patients we will be charging a $20 pandemic response fee. This fee will be the responsibility of the patient and will be a per visit fee.
Due to current events with COVID-19, we have had to make some changes with our software and this requires new paperwork to be filled out for new and current patients.
Please make sure you have read and filled out all the updated forms on our website. Also, If you could please take a picture of the front and back of your insurance card and email to email@example.com.
If we do not have current forms on file, we will have to reschedule your appointment. These forms will only need to be updated yearly after these are submitted.
We’re Here for You
Our office is committed to helping you, our staff, and our community stay safe and healthy. As new guidelines develop, we’ll continue to evolve our office protocols.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We want you to feel informed and confident in your healthcare decisions.
Ready to visit us? Schedule an appointment today!