What Is a CEREC Machine? (Want to Save Time & Money? Read This!)
The CEREC machine is one of dentistry’s leading technological advancements.
It took treatments that used to take weeks, down to ONE appointment! Because of this, same-day dentistry is a thing of the present, not just the future.
So, what exactly does a CEREC machine do?
In this blog, we are going to break down everything you need to know about CEREC, including how this technology can save you time and money!
Have a question along the way? Contact our restorative dentist in Cedar Rapids, Dr. Deb Joyner!
What is a CEREC machine?
A CEREC machine is used to design, create, and place a new dental restoration in one appointment. It is popularly used to create same-day crowns.
It relies on CAD/CAM (computer-aided design/computer-aided manufacturing) technology to take a detailed 3D model of your teeth and design a digital restoration from that. These specifications are sent to a milling machine, which produces your restoration within minutes.
The start to finish process with a CEREC machine takes only one appointment. You can’t find faster restorative dentistry than that!
How does a CEREC machine work?
Here’s an overview of a CEREC restoration with our Cedar Rapids dentist:
- Preparation: Dr. Joyner and her dental team will examine and prepare your tooth for a digital scan.
- Scan: Using 3D imaging software, we will take a quick scan of your teeth and bite. This will create a digital 3D impression of your mouth.
- Design: From the digital impression, Dr. Joyner will refine your restoration using CAD technology.
- Creation: Once finalized, this design will be sent electronically to our in-house milling machine. Your new restoration will be sculpted from a ceramic block. This ceramic material will match your teeth’s natural color for a flawless finished look.
- Placement: Once polished and perfected, Dr. Joyner will permanently place your new restoration. You will leave our office with a completely restored smile!
Our patients love how easy it is to get a CEREC restoration! We bet you will too, especially after you hear ALL the benefits…
What are the benefits of a CEREC machine?
Saving yourself time is one of the best benefits you can get from the CEREC machine but that is not the only thing you can benefit from.
With same-day dentistry at our Cedar Rapids dental office, you can expect to enjoy:
- No goopy impressions: With CEREC technology, you can avoid this mess with digital impressions.
- No temporary crowns: You’ll get your permanent restoration the same day you visit us. You won’t have to go weeks worrying about your temporary crown falling off or breaking.
- Long-lasting: CEREC crowns can last just as long as traditional crowns. Dr. Joyner will give you tips on how to increase the longevity of your smile.
- Eat with freedom: CEREC restorations are built to last, meaning you can eat your favorite foods again.
- Restored smile: Fixing your tooth will better ensure your bite’s function and your oral health.
- Custom-designed: Dr. Joyner’s CEREC restorations are designed to look and feel natural. No one will notice your dental work.
- Less waste: Because the CEREC machine is so precise, only a small block of ceramic is needed.
- No metal: Metal-filled crowns can sometimes change with temperature and show a gray shadow around the gum line. But your new restoration will only be made with ceramic material.
- Save money: You can save money by eliminating the need for multiple appointments and an outside lab. This procedure can be done in one day under one roof at our Cedar Rapids dental office.
With the CEREC machine, you will not only save time but you will enjoy a multitude of benefits as well.
Ready for same-day dentistry?
At Joyner Dental Arts, we are committed to providing families with outstanding dental care.
We firmly believe that modern technology, like the CEREC machine, will make your dental experience more enjoyable. Plus, who doesn’t love saving time and money?!
If you are looking for a dentist near Cedar Rapids, IA, contact Dr. Joyner today!
Our restorative and cosmetic dentist is accepting new patients from the Cedar Rapids area, including Marion, Hiawatha, Robins, Springville, Anamosa, Central City, and Center Point.
You can reach us at: