Do you thoughtfully think of the things you should do in order to keep your teeth and gums healthy? This is a must if you wish to take good care of your teeth and gums the right way.
One way of doing this is to ensure your oral health routine is religiously practiced.
1.Of course! Brush Your Teeth
- Brush your teeth twice a day
- Hold your brush at an angle of 45 degrees pointing towards on your gums
- Brush for at least 2 minutes. 30 seconds on each quadrant of the mouth
- Make sure to brush all the surface – the sides and chewing surface up and down
2.Clean Your Tongue Too!
- For tongue scrappers – Scrape your tongue gently. Make sure to hold both ends when scrapping. Rinse thoroughly after.
- For brush – Brush tour tongue with a small amount of toothpaste in a circular motion. Try to brush your tongue as far as you can reach. Rinse thoroughly when done.
- For floss – Wrap the floss around the fingers you’ll use then gently scrape your tongue. Be careful not to wound yourself. Rinse after.
3.Floss Is a Must!
- Use 45cm of floss – gently insert it in between your teeth.
- Don’t leave out the teeth on the back. Floss them too.
- Follow your teeth’s curve to avoid injuring your gums.
- Repeat these for every tooth. Slowly pull up the floss to avoid any damage. Throw the dirty floss properly.
- Floss once a day
4.Rinse with Mouth Wash
Rinsing your mouth with just water is not enough to fight germs and bacteria.
- Use mouth wash after you brush your teeth
- Make sure to gargle it for 30-40 minutes then spit it out
- Examine your mouth, check for any sign of problems or abnormalities
- Eat the right foods. Have a balanced and healthy diet
- Make sure to pay your dentist a visit for a checkup and cleaning
How to know if you have good oral hygiene?
You would not really know exactly if you have good oral hygiene unless you have it checked by your dentist. But here are some signs you can rely on:
- You don’t have constant bad breath
- Your gums are pinkish
- Your gums do not feel sore or bleed when you brush or floss
- Your teeth feel clean and not gritty
When you know what your mouth needs, you shall be able to take care of it properly. These are just simple ways you can do to ensure your teeth and gums are healthy. For you to keep your mouth’s health on track, visit your dentist regularly. Ask him/her if there’s anything you need to pay more attention.
Keep your routine clear and apply it regularly!